Discover Nikkei is a community website about Nikkei identity, history and experiences. Their goal is to provide an inviting space for the community to share, explore, and connect with each other through diverse Nikkei experiences, culture, and history. Resources include articles, interviews, military database, photographs and oral histories.
The Center's collection focuses on wartime Japanese American experiences, with an emphasis on the Nisei soldiers of the 100th Infantry Battalion (Separate), 442nd Regimental Combat Team and Military Intelligence Service. Resources include books, periodicals, videos/DVDs, photographs, newspaper articles, personal papers and other reference material, including over 700 interviews.
Additional resources include:
- Interviews with George Hara, Takejiro Higa, Daniel K. Inouye, Susumu Ito, Kan Tagami and Sakae Takahashi
- Citations of 21 Japanese American World War II Medal of Honor recipients
The National Veterans Network is a national coalition of organizations and individuals dedicated to educating and enlightening the public about the experience and legacy of Japanese American World War II soldiers inspired by the awarding of the Congressional Gold Medal. The website offers the following:
- A listing of Japanese American veterans, civic and cultural organizations
- A historical overview of the Japanese American World War II soldier experience
- Background on the Nisei Soldier Congressional Gold Medal bill and ceremony
The U.S. Army Center of Military History operates a Historical Resources Branch that offers a library and archive. In addition, their website offers a detailed view of the Army's role in U.S. military history.